Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy New Year


What will the new year bring.  My hope is this will be a year we turn back to God, not only in my home in America but around the world.

2011 has been a tough year for many around the world.  Many have been protesting and calling for change.  What is that change they are looking for?  When I here some talk it is not clear.  But they do sound angry and frustrated.  Unfortunately many are out their for the spotlight and many just want a hand out just for being here.  They feel they are entitled.

They are looking in the wrong direction if they want true hope and change.  Even though none of us are entitled, there is a free gift they can get that brings true hope and change.

Look to Christ for that free gift.  Look to Christ for hope and change and He will deliver.  No politictian can, but Jesus can.  He can deliver on eternal life, no other can.

I say to the protesters and to all those looking for answers get down on your knees right where you are and ask, that is all it takes, just ask.  Jesus will come into your life and give you hope no matter where you are in your life.

This is not earned, it is given to all who ask and believe.  Give Him your life and He will give you life.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.  For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him."  John 3:16-17

That is the hope we need for 2012, ask and believe.

God Bless,
Brian

By Brian David Knapp Author and Columnist

Author of:

In The Hands Of The Father:  My Life With God

Now available in ebook format:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=In+The+Hands+Of+The+Father&x=13&y=20

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/in-the-hands-of-the-father-brian-david-knapp/1028827867?ean=2940013825475&itm=1&usri=in+the+hands+of+the+father

http://books.google.com/books?id=bKdtxu_6gWsC&printsec=frontcover&dq=in+the+hands+of+the+father&hl=en&sa=X&ei=6kIDT4f5NqakiQLdpLn1Bg&output=reader

If you prefer hard cover or paperback use the following links:

Barnes and Noble

Amazon

Xulon Press

If you cannot afford a copy email me at bdknapp@yahoo.com and I will get send you a copy of my writings contained in the book. God Bless.
Read Brian's columns at:
 http://www.examiner.com/faith-and-culture-in-los-angeles/brian-knapp

Please read my other writings listed on the right of this page or read my columns. I periodically add writings in both places. My only goal is to share what it means to have a amazing relationship with God and how I have achieved that in the hope you to will be able to start on that path. It is a journey that I am still on, join me.








15 comments:

  1. I just spent the weekend where my kids went to school last year. During this school year two students in the high school took their life and a third tried.

    The feeling up there was so different than it was previous to these tragedies. I was down the entire weekend.

    I was also concerned that the principal at the high school was not being cooperative with the local churches that wanted to come pray over the campus. She would not let them on campus until after 6PM. I cannot understand why she is more concerned about stopping religion influence than she is about what is happening to the children at her school.

    We need to come to a spiritual awakening in America. The enemies of this are fighting hard. We need to get our relationships with God strong if we are to defend the lives of these dear ones that we are supposed to be mentoring to a better life.

    God help us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just a couple of hours before the new year 2011. The Lord has impressed on me 2011 is to be a year of prayer. This following 2009 a year of spiritual growth and 2010 a year of healing. The Lord wants us to grow closer to Him spiritualy. Then He wants to heal our pain. When we have grown and are healed we can get to that place of extreme communication with Him through prayer.

    Step up your prayers in 2011, we need to get closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, I found your LI promotion comment just now by "chance," and grateful to see that many of us are thinking along the same direction. I am now following your blog here. The LinkedIn discussion is really a group belonging to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was talking to my 15 year old daughter about how some are trying to politicize the recent tragic event in Arizona. I asked her what she thought about it and she said 'The first thing that popped into my mind is people need to take a look at themselves before they speak about others'.
    Such a simple truth that can fit all of the topics in politics or life for that matter. I mean this for the conservatives as well. We all need to look first within, then speak. I could go on and on about this, but for now her statement stands alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a small rock today at the beach. It was flat and perfectly round. It reminded me of how perfect God's love is for us. What have you seen lately that reminds you of Him. How often do we miss Him reminding us of His love. Every time I see a penny on the ground I think of the song that says every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven. That reminds me of how much He loves me.

    What is your pennies from heaven experience. Look for them and you will find them everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was asking God why certain things were happening to me, I was very frustrated. People were getting favor I felt were not stepping up the way I was. I felt the enemy was winning. Then I found the card my daughter gave me a couple of weeks ago. It said "Be still before the Lord an wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:7

    I read the entire Psalm 37 and further said He would take care of those who wrong me, but once again I need to wait on Him.

    The card also said trust in God's timing, it's always right.

    He once again gave me great peace in a time of trials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new post at examiner.com about where your pleasures lie. check it out: http://www.examiner.com/faith-and-culture-in-los-angeles/brian-knapp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying to keep myself in the will of the Father. My latest posts are at: http://www.examiner.com/faith-and-culture-in-los-angeles/brian-knapp

    ReplyDelete
  9. It can be such a struggle some times to stay away from sin. My mind can be so deceiving at times. I don't want to sin anymore I hate it. My prayer is God will take over more and more. I hate it when I slip, I feel so disappointed. The good news is that the closer I get to God and stay tuned in to Him, the easier it is to not slip. Get close to Him in all that you do and you can have victory. Count each victory and go to the Father when you fail and He will lead you on to even greater victories.

    Amazing grace how sweet the sound.

    God bless you and keep you from sin,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  10. In times when so many are sad and hurting and down right angry, David has something to say that fits our times. Please read my article and share with others if you are touched. God Bless.
    http://www.examiner.com/faith-culture-in-los-angeles/lord-have-mercy

    ReplyDelete
  11. All kinds of stuff enters into our mind daily. Just what are you a dwelling place for? What do you allow into your life?

    Check out my latest column:
    http://www.examiner.com/faith-culture-in-los-angeles/a-dwelling-place

    ReplyDelete
  12. God help us indeed. The signs of Jesus' return are so evident and yet some of us turn a blind eye to them and say it's all a fairytale. Books like yours can help to bring the truth of the gospel to a hurting world. All the best with your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Angela, your words are encouraging. You are right so many today refuse to see the truth. My heart aches for those who refuse the offer of a relationship with the Father that will open their eyes.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just posted new column on examiner.com Check out what loving Him does for you.

    http://www.examiner.com/faith-culture-in-los-angeles/if-you-love-him

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing Brian. It was such a pleasure meeting you at Walmart. I know that Jesus does know (intimately) what we are going through. I hope to see you again. If the weather is good on Sat, you may see me again at Walmart. Be blessed... Devo http://www.calledandchosen.com

    ReplyDelete