Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Oh Glorious Night

“And she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shall call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled whish was spoken of the Lord by the prophet saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” Matthew 1:21-23

Mary was so blessed to conceive the Son of God. Oh how glorious that must have felt for her, to be blessed to bear the Child that came to be with us and save us. The Lord came to save us from our sin, but even more to be with us. He is there for us in all things.

Jesus, Emmanuel, came to restore that glorious experience Adam felt in walking with the Almighty. How, even more so for us, as we know from which we have been saved. To be saved from certain death, to reign with the Father eternally in His Kingdom.

Oh how wonderful it must have been to be a shepherd out in the fields and see the angel saying, “Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people: for there is born to you this day in the City of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord. And this is the sign unto you: Ye shall find a babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of heavenly host praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest and peace among men whom He is well pleased.” Luke 2:10-14

Our Saviour announced by angels, yet humbly found in a manger in a stable. What a place for the King of kings to be born. Lowering Himself to such a place to rise us up out of the depth of our sin. He came to die, that we may live. He came to be with us and walk with us. He came to restore that which was lost in the garden.

Oh Emmanuel, You are with us. You came in a manger and went to a cross to die for us. I join with the angels in saying “Glory to God in the Highest and peace among men.”

I am at peace as I receive that free gift from Christ our Lord. I receive restoration to our Father who was well pleased to send us His Son.

Join me and raising your voice to say Glory to God in the Highest and peace to us all.


Read Brian's columns at:
  
http://www.examiner.com/faith-and-culture-in-los-angeles/brian-knapp

Author of:

In The Hands Of The Father: My Life With God
Now available in ebook format:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Google


If you prefer hard cover or paperback use the following links:
Barnes & Noble

Amazon

Xulon Press

If you cannot afford a copy email me at bdknapp@yahoo.com and I will get send you a copy of my writings contained in the book. God Bless.
  Read Brian's columns at:
 
http://www.examiner.com/faith-and-culture-in-los-angeles/brian-knapp

Please read my other writings listed on the right of this page or read my columns. I periodically add writings in both places. My only goal is to share what it means to have a amazing relationship with God and how I have achieved that in the hope you to will be able to start on that path. It is a journey that I am still on, join me.

1 comment: